Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 20 of the 30 Day Challenge: Bokeh

Water, anyone?

In posting this image in Flickr, someone went to ask if I could pour some malt into the glass, then gave me a name I did not recognize:  Lagavulin.  Seriously, is that something you drink out of your own volition? It sounded to me as some sort of poison sold by snake oil salesmen of the past.  Hey, whatever works, huh?

However you slice it, here is my bokeh shot. It is far more prosaic than what it looks like. Actually, I was going to wash dishes, glasses, a colander, you get the picture...and the light struck my hands as if a heavenly ray had directed it to my sink where I could simply point and shoot my assignment for this day's challenge.  And well, I did.

It is always nice when the planets align for you, isn't it?  Okay, the sun, the sink...

4 comments:

  1. There's nothing wrong with a drop of Lagavulin I'll have you know. You should seek it out and see if you are not seduced by its heady aroma of peat and the sea, long before its fire warms your belly. One to share round a log fire for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.

    Chris, if you put it that way, I may consider it. haha

    ReplyDelete