Thursday, May 31, 2012

In the news: Your signature is worth crap

It doesn't take an online article to inform me that the importance of personal signatures decreases significantly when entered on LCD screens at the supermarket. But it does confirm that regardless of the mark we leave behind, we are still going to be charged real money every time we swipe our plastic cards to conclude our shopping transactions. As is often the case, perhaps indicative in mine of the lowly places I frequent, I am often left with a lingering suspicion that I might as well have drawn a straight line in lieu of my signature and no one would notice or care or bother to revoke the use of my credit cards because I wasn't signing my own name.

Congratulations, your signature is worth crap so let's have fun recreating it at every point of transaction!

No comments:

Post a Comment