Friday, April 20, 2012

Books: A Literate Passion by Anais Nin and Henry Miller

I have been trying to get back into reading books for fun. Given my odd assortment of academic required reading for my on-going dissertation, I have come to a point where I must also read for something other than incumbency, imperative, requirement, etc.

As I was cleaning up my desk at home last month, I noticed A Literate Passion: Letters of Anaïs Nin and Henry Miller, 1932-1953. It had been sitting there for a good six to nine months but covered under piles of other more pressing reading, it had been relegated for 'future reading.' Well, since the future reading stacks never seem to find breathing space in my house I opted to see what was the fuss between the rather controversial and apparently sexy Nin and Miller. Or at least their respective letters to each other.

All I can say now, a month's time into my reading is "wow!" And definitely more to come.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment