Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 25 of the 30 Day Challenge: Pink

I once read that Ann Richards kept her house decor in rather muted tones. But about her clothes she said "I wear the colors around here."

While my house may not be a shrine to minimalism nor to the mod whites of the 60s or the pale shabby chic of the 90s, it remains rather muted when compared to some of my clothes. Hard pressed to find something pink in my house, for I am not a girly girl of the bubble gum palette nor do I subscribe to much Hello Kitty wares, I headed to my closet where I had recently bough this incredibly comfortable linen shirt in a most glorious 'rosa Mexicano' (bright pink) hue. 

Behind this image, you really can't tell, is the door that leads to my tiny home office. I am still in the process of summer cleaning and had placed a mirror in the next room but facing my door. As I came out one day, around 4 pm, in the mirror I saw the light hit my pink blouse and knew this was going to be my challenge picture. 

I must have taken about 20 pictures before I got a quasi-decent focus. Honestly, I think I need glasses, but that's another story. Ultimately it ended up taking me those 20 seconds that my camera allows for selfies to get this one done.








I applied a mask to the vertical center with the gradient tool in PS and a lens blur on the sides. Whatever, as long as it qualifies with the pink challenge.

And that's my story.  Happy pink day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment